Master of Science by Research
- Foveated rendering
- Dynamic resolution
- Depth reuse
- traditional (2D) displays
- stereoscopic rendering
- multiscopic rendering
- The foveated rendering implementation was the first such implementation available online for Unity.
- This thesis was the first academic work that looks into the application of foveated rendering for multiscopic screens.
- A glass-free 3D display from Alioscopy was used for the multiscopic tests.
- I wrote a custom sub-pixel shader as there were no such shaders available for real-time use in Unity.
- For dynamic resolution performance optimisation I created my own algorithm that provided smoother experience in most cases compared to other algorithms.
- When depth reuse is used appropriately one could benefit from a large performance boost, but in most cases it would decrease performance.
Bachelor of Science - First Class
Computer Games Development
For the final year project I implemented the three most widely used physics engines (PhysX, Havok and Bullet). I used C++, OpenGL for rendering and anttweakbar for UI.